7.07.2010

Varicose Veins

I was watching a commercial about a new varicose vein procedure and the other day The Doctors did a segment about them, too. After hearing what they do, I just don't get it.
They are basically closing off the vein so that no more blood flows through and it can't be seen under the skin. This doesn't sound good to me. I think they are unsightly as all get out and I don't want to have them anymore than anyone else does...but hello! They are CLOSING OFF A VEIN. Am I the only one that thinks doing that would have all kinds of repercussions?? Go ahead, say it out loud to yourself and see if it sounds weird.
I mean, you're closing off a vein. Aren't they there for a reason? Does it affect the bloodflow back to your heart in any way? Just sounds scary to me.
What do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment